Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles
Hot Wheels of the National Insurance Crime Bureau released this particular list and thank God theautochannel.com was able to have the list of the 2006 the most stolen vehicles which they posted on their website.

The list was based on the data from reports received by the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and here you can find the most stolen vehicles as taken from the NCIC's official website at http://www.nicb.org/ this week. The NCIC was able to compile data which includes the date when the model was made and the date when it was stolen. The complete stories were detailed at their official website.

For 2006, the most stolen vehicles in the nation were:

1. 1995 Honda Civic
2. 1991 Honda Accord
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1997 Ford F-150 Series Pickup
5. 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup
6. 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Pickup
7. 1994 Nissan Sentra
8. 1994 Dodge Caravan
9. 1994 Saturn SL
10. 1990 Acura Integra

NICB's President and Chief Executive Officer Robert M. Bryant was quoted saying, "The decrease in vehicle thefts is certainly welcome news to law enforcement, the insurance industry and vehicle owners nationwide. At NICB, we have been providing the latest technology in auto theft detection and recovery equipment to law enforcement agencies from California to Florida. Through the support of our member insurance companies, NICB acquires and deploys License Plate Recognition systems and bait vehicles in an effort to reduce vehicle theft."

In 2006, there was a noted 1,192,809 stolen motor vehicles which is 42,417 less than the record set in 2005. The FBI's average valuation revealed an average valuation of $6,649 per stolen vehicle so as it amounted to a huge $7.9 billion on all the noted stolen cars.

Only 59% of these stolen cars were recovered but the whereabouts of the remaining 41% is still unknown.


posted by Car Addict @ 5:42 PM  
About Me


Name: Car Addict
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile

Google
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates